Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS) is the most common gastrointestinal disease which includes both constipation and diarrhea. People with IBS predominantly have abdominal pain, bloating, gas and general indigestion. Although IBS is not a serious health problem, it is always uncomfortable to live with.
Almost, 60-65% of clinical cases about gastrointestinal disorders show both psychosomatic symptoms (related to both body & mind).
Basic Causes of IBS
Most of the digestive disorders like IBS are activated by a range of imbalances.
The root cause of IBS is not known but stress plays a major role.
Some of the factors which include gastrointestinal disorders are:
- Irregular Eating Habits
- Excessive intake of indigestion foods
- Poor Nutrients in the diet
- Physical and Mental stress
The Ayurvedic approach for IBS treatment can be extremely helpful for long-term relief.
How to treat IBS in Ayurveda at home?
Not everyone has Irritable Bowel Syndrome or Gastrointestinal disorders for the same reasons. As stress is the significant cause, the ayurvedic treatment of IBS consists of lifestyle changes.
Ayurveda for IBS gives emphasis on proper digestion and stress relief.
However, effective herbal supplements based on Ayurveda are available to fight IBS and other digestive disorders
One may only use Ayurvedic supplements under strict observance of qualified doctor.
Home-made Ayurvedic Formulations for IBS treatment
- Powder of Vrikshamla, Amlavetasa, Dadima and Badara, tritaku (Pippali, Shunthi, Black Pepper) and five salts with sugar should be used with vegetables, pulses, cooked cereals etc.
- Cereal soup with Panchakola and Radish soup with black pepper are recommended as diet.
- Herbs such as ginger, cumin, and fennel stimulate and improves digestion, absorption, and clearance of digestive tract.
- Take buttermilk, arishta and sour gruel as a post-meal drink to improve digestion and consistency of stool.
- Ghee mixed with appetizing drugs are the excellent stimulants of weak stools.
- Parpati kalpa is an efficient ayurvedic remedy for IBS cure.
- Triphala for irritable bowel syndrome cleanses and detoxifies the system.
- Take one teaspoon of flax seeds in a cup of water and drink at night.
- Kutajghan Vati is an ayurvedic medicine which pacifies aggravated kapha and pitta in digestive system.
Thus, Ayurveda is one of the promising therapies for IBS treatment. Many Hospitals are in the forefront in providing both modern techniques and ayurvedic treatment for IBS in Bangalore. Consult the best IBS treatment doctors and get a better advice which treatment suits for you.